Sunday, February 23, 2014

Answered Prayer


Answered Prayer

I want to take time to share a praise story about my grandson Zechariah.  We’ve had him most of his 15 years and he has been a blessing.  Unfortunately, his parents have chosen not to be a part of his life.  Consequently, he suffers from rejection, abandonment, and an unloving (unloved) spirit. 

Rejection is a spirit of fear and the spirit of fear can cause many physical manifestations like headaches, severe migraines, back aches, stuttering, panic attacks, seizures, and many other issues including sweating.  Zechariah had an issue with sweating.  It started the first few weeks of high school last year.  He had great fear with how the other kids would accept him and he did not know how they would treat him and with that came great fear.

I was blessed with being able to take him to school each day and during the ride I had an opportunity to pray with him.  Throughout the year we prayed about many things and especially healing of his sweating issues.  I had an opportunity to teach him from Scripture about fear as well.

Week after week we continued to pray and week after week Zechariah continued to sweat.  He expressed his doubts and said on more than one occasion that our prayers were not working.  I had to explain to him that I had no doubt that God would heal him if we continue to pray and that he needed to be patient (longsuffering).

The end of the school year came and the summer vacation started and ended.  A couple of weeks later Zechariah came home from school and said that he is not sweating anymore and he asked me why.  I said: “Grandson, we prayed almost every school day last year asking God to deliver you from the fear that was causing you to sweat.  We were consistent in binding up the spirit of fear and casting the fear out.  God answered our prayers.  I had faith that God would heal you in the name of Jesus.”

The power of prayer in the name of Jesus is the only weapon we have against the dark kingdom.  It is only effective if we pray without ceasing.  We cannot pray without ceasing if the world keeps us so busy that we don’t have or won’t take time to pray.

Every day I pray for my family because I know the enemy is trying to destroy them.  Understand, if you don’t make an effort to pray for your family without ceasing, Satan will do everything in his power to destroy them without ceasing.

Nehemiah 1:5-6 And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your] commandments, please let Your ear be attentive and Your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of Your servant which I pray before You now, day and night……..
Blessings,
Tony Sanchez

No comments: