Sunday, February 23, 2014

Holy Spirit


Greetings to you all.

 

Last night I was driving to our intercessory prayer meeting and I started calling on and inviting the Holy Spirit to be present during the 12 minute drive.  I did this without ceasing until I got to the church.  Understand that I have on numerous occasions felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.  Many times it was a heavy presence.  As I walked in I could feel a presence a tad bit different, but I knew it was the Holy Spirit.  I felt this energy that was so special and I now know that I don’t have to wait on Holy Spirit show up in church or wait for a special occasion.  I can call on the Holy Spirit and by faith believe in my heart that the Holy Spirit can or will show up if I just call on Him.

 

I received a couple of things as I was praying last night and I would like to share with you:

 

In a time of trouble (rejection, unloving, fear/worry, anger, despair, loneliness, depression, hopelessness, etc.) we must remember that the Holy Spirit is “contrary” to these spirits (Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another).  In other words, the Holy Spirit will not co-habitat with unclean spirits.  Therefore, in the name of Jesus we must call on the Helper (Holy Spirit) in an audible voice to abide in us and for us to abide in the Holy Spirit continually during the attacks.  Trust the Holy Spirit to push out these spirits that are tormenting us. We have received power and authority from God Almighty and we must use this in warfare.

 

This second thing I received is about churches.  Many times churches have received an anointing and with this you will see God working in these churches in an awesome way such as missionaries, bringing people to the Lord, teachings, etc.  And then you see the church lose the anointing.  It is as if the anointing was for a season.  The message I got is tied to the Holy Spirit.  We as a church body must access the power of the Holy Spirit.  We must include the Holy Spirit in everything we do constantly.  We must operate in the Holy Spirit and when we do this we will see the anointing of the Holy Spirit over the church.  The church will once again come alive.  We can’t leave the Holy Spirit out of the church body and our prayer.  We can’t just pray “In Jesus name”.  We must pray (In the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit).  It is my position that we can’t leave out 1/3 of the Trinity when we pray and operate in God’s Kingdom.

 

I have been asking the Lord for the past three years to take me to another level.  In the last 6 months the Lord has made the Holy Spirit a focal point and I have shared this with my brothers and sisters in Christ the last couple of months as things were revealed to me.  I am in the process of writing about the Holy Spirit, the Helper, and the power of the Holy Spirit.  I started this 3-4 weeks ago but I have been hindered.  It is my goal to get this to you all soon. 

 

I will share one little thing that was revealed to me a couple of weeks ago that will be in the article.  I was eating at a restaurant and it was imparted on me that we must access the power of the Holy Spirit  to overcome the strongholds that really have a grip on us, the strongholds we can’t seem to overcome no matter who prays.  We must access the Helper and the power that we have received when we were baptized (Acts 1:5,8) with the Holy Spirit so that we can get those strongholds out of our lives.  I hope to show you how it can be done according to God’s word.   

 

There are many that are hurting and are being held captive and we need to bring all out of bondage.  Thank you for taking time to listen to me again. 

 

Many blessings,

Tony Sanchez

No comments: