Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Curses

 Cancelling Curses in the Name of Jesus

Through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, I have passed from being under the curse and entered the blessing of Abraham whom God blessed in all things, Galatians 3:14-18

There two main curses that we must address in our lives

Generational curses: And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, 7 keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and the fourth generation,” Exodus 34:6-7.  The of the generations are perpetual, as most families have three to four generations still living at any given time.  The oldest may pass, but another generation is born.    

Spoken curses: Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so, James 3:10.  Spoken curses have a profound effect on our mental and physical health whether we are cursing ourselves or some other person pronouncing a curse on us.  Ever hear the story of a parent telling their child they would never amount to anything.  How about cursing self.  All curses are damaging.  I have come across  spoken curses resulting in Vertigo.  There is a different prayer for this if needed.

Breaking the Curses in Our Lives

Father God, I believe Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to God.  Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again from the dead.  On the cross Jesus was made a curse for us all so that all our sins could be forgiven when we confess them to you, James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.  That, I might be redeemed from the curse and enter the blessings that You have promised. 

There are two parts to canceling curses.  The past generations are part one.  Part two is cancelling the curses due to being a partaker of the curses of sicknesses and diseases that came down the generations line.

Part 1 – Father God, I confess all sins of my ancestors including all sickness and disease listed in Deuteronomy 28 that have been passed down the generational line.  In Jesus name, I cancel any generational curses handed down to me and the generations below me and I ask you to forgive all of us.   At this point the curses of the past generations are cancelled.

Part 2– I confess being a partaker of past generational sins that I inherited.  God, I ask you to forgive me for being partakers of generational sin.

Father God, having received by faith your forgiveness and with the authority I have as a child of God, I now release myself and those under my authority from any curse over our lives in the name of Jesus. 

With most sickness and disease curses, one must consistently pray part two of this prayer as partakers because we tend to bring back the curses as partakers of the curses either in our soul by declaration or by physical actions.  We do this until the curses of the current generations are minimized or eradicated. 

This is a process.  Rarely do I see immediate healing.  Keep praying because God promises healing.

Now, thank Him, Praise Him and love Him with all your heart. Amen!                                   Tony Sanchez 11-28-23

No comments: