Saturday, February 20, 2021

Generational Sin

Generational Sin – They have turned back to the iniquities (sin) of their forefathers who refused to hear My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them…Jeremiah 11:10

There are way too many generational sins manifesting in the present generation causing havoc in the form of sickness and disease.  Especially, in the children.  Any time I see disease in children, I believe it can point to generational sin.   

 Generational Curse definition – to pronounce judgement. “But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you, Deuteronomy 28:1.  The rest of the chapter goes on to describe what sickness and diseases that will result from our disobedience (sin).

Generational Sin definition – an immoral act considered to be a transgression against God. Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and the fourth generation,” Exodus 34:7 Sins in this passage follows the generational line.

Generational Sin can be passed down the family line. In other words, we are born with iniquities (sin), transgressions (sin), and trespasses (sin), (Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me, Psalm 51:5). Not only do we have to break the generational sin from past generations, confess it as sin, and ask forgiveness for the past generations, we must also confess the generational sin that we have partaken with from past generations, and ask God to forgive us.  This is called repentance.

Unfortunately, most do not address past and present generational sin.  I have heard from people and pastors, numerous times that because Jesus died on the cross for our sins, past, present, and future, we are forgiven. They preach the grace (once forgiven, always forgiven) message.  If this is true, why is the Body of Jesus Christ still getting sick?  It is false doctrine. Paul’s message in Romans 6:1 says What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

Does the grace message trump repentance?  Should we continue to sin and believe there will not be consequences? There are instructions in the Bible on what to do when we sin.  We are called to repent.  That is why it says in God’s Word 100 times to repent. It is very clear why we must repent because our disobedience will result in sickness and disease.

Our generational sin has been there since conception through DNA and we were born with the sins of the generations that can go back many generations.  Through our lives we have become one with the sins of the generations.  In other words, we don’t really know its there until the past of generational and present sins manifest resulting in sickness and disease. The only way to eradicate this generational sin is through repentance because it is sin.  God’s promise in His Word is we WILL be cleansed from sin and healed of our sickness and disease. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (generational and present sin). James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

Fortunately, there is prayer to be released from generational curses/sin in Jesus Christ’s Name. 

Prayer: Father God, in Jesus Christ’s Name, I confess the iniquities and trespasses of the past generations as sin.  I am very sorry for the past generational sins and I ask You to forgive their sins. Father God, in Jesus Christ’s name, I confess the generational sin I was born with as sin.  I am very sorry for allowing myself to be a partaker of generational sin and I ask You to forgive me.  I ask You to help me repent because I cannot do this on my own. Through the Blood of Jesus Christ and repentanc, I know I can I be delivered from all generational and present sin.  AMEN!

Generational sin has been working in us for decades and healing is not always immediate. The reason is we have to build up our faith and pray continually because we don’t have the faith of a mustard seed, So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you, Matthew 7:20.  Continue to pray this prayer until there is a healing breakthrough.                     Tony Sanchez 2-12-21

No comments: