Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Surrender So That We Can Obey

Greetings!

I have been praying and meditating about my place in this world and the world to come. I have been greatly grieved by where we all are in our spiritual walk. So many of us settling for less than what God has for us and what God wants us to do. Few of us have developed a serious relationship with God. We choose instead to develop a relationship with this world and we let this world dictate our lives instead of God.

I want to share with you on what the Lord conveyed to me. I was praying and pleading to God to lift me up to be a leader and warrior as we prepare for the coming of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God had one word for me. "OBEY!" I said to myself "what does that mean?" The answer shot out to me like a cannon. If I am to represent Jesus, I need to act like Jesus. So simple yet so difficult to grasp and apply to my life.

This was two weeks ago and I have since been in transition. Transforming my entire self to align with Jesus. Much repentance has been required as I get rid of the things that were my method of operation. It has been little less difficult than I thought as I've had God guiding me and reminding me of what I need to do along the way. I feel so much better about myself, but I have a long way to go to be able to be consistent and and not fall back into my old ways.

One week ago I read an article titled Full Surrender from Bibleknowledge.com. I understand what surrender is but this article really impacted me more than at any other time in my life. It was a confirmation on what I have to do to "OBEY" so that I can truly represent Jesus all the rest of my time in this world.

Genesis 22:18 In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”
1 Peter 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?


From Genesis to 1 Peter there are 156 references to the word "Obey" in BibleGateway.com. It doesn't say to think about obeying or that we have an option to obey. God says to "obey!" It doesn't do any good to know the Bible inside and out or to be able to recite hundreds of verses if we don't obey what God says in His Word. Obeying is applying what God says in His Word to our lives.

Our instructions are given in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ and Mark 12:30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. If we love Him we will obey Him.

My prayer for us all is that we will show Jesus how much we love Him by surrendering our lives to Him so that we are able to obey His Word.

AMEN

No comments: